- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Olympic Eagles land in Benin
THE national U-23 team arrived in Benin, Edo State on Thursday morning and was received by the state Commissioner for Sports, Anita Evbwuowan and the Chairman of Edo FA, Chief Abel Ehigie.
The team was immediately taken to its abode at Constantia Hotel on Airport Road where it quickly settled down to business.
Edo State FA Chairman, Ehigie, later said there was no cause for alarm, as plans have been concluded for the team to be well taken care of during its stay in the city.
Team’s head coach, Austin Eguavoen, immediately swung into action by organising the first training session at the lush green, synthetic pitch of the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium, Benin.
The training was intense and solid as Eguavoen assured after the session that the team, which has already been dubbed Dream Team 1V, will go for nothing but victory.
“We know the expectations of Nigerians and we’ll not let them down,” said Eguavoen.
Edo FA boss, Abel Ehigie, who also monitored the training declared that as the official host of the encounter, the state FA was ready to redefine the hosting of such qualifiers in Nigeria. “The state is ready, the team to me looks ready and the fans in Benin City and its environs are also ready, so all we need is prayers from Nigerians to ensure not only victory for the team but a mauling of Equatorial Guinea”.Share
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting