- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Australian Open: Federer, Djokovic for q/finals
ROGER Federer and Novak Djokovic produced contrasting displays as both secured their spots in the Australian Open quarter-finals in Melbourne.
Federer, world number two and defending champion, was given a scare by Tommy Robredo before stumbling through 6-3, 3-6, 6-3, 6-2 after 40 unforced errors.
Third seed Djokovic had an easier day with a crushing 6-3, 6-4, 6-0 triumph over Spaniard Nicolas Almagro.
Djokovic will face Tomas Berdych who beat Fernando Verdasco 6-4, 6-2, 6-3, as Federer faces Swiss compatriot, Stanislas Wawrinka.
Wawrinka, 25, comfortably defeated former Grand Slam winner, American Andy Roddick in straight sets, 3-6, 4-6, 4-6 to set up a last-eight clash with Federer.
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting