- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Oyo CP, come to our rescue at Eleyele
A new wave of crime is being currently perpetrated at the Eleyele bus/taxi terminus, particularly at the Ogunpa taxi terminus. At this spot, some jobless layabouts often converge on a joint, where they drink gin, popularly known as Shepe to stupor, and then go about intimidating and terrorising innocent residents in the area.
Their strategy is to instruct wayward boys, who have strayed from the path of moral uprightness, and are the tools for their operation, to provoke any passerby adult, by deliberately getting on his/her nerve to the point of smacking such little brats as a way of checking such rudeness.
Now, the moment the unsuspicious, law-abiding person angrily reacts to such madness being displayed by a silly little brat, these miscreants would emerge from the blue, to question the audacity of their victim to maltreat the little loafer, the booby-trap being the tool for brutalising and dispossessing their victim of valuables, such as mobile cellphones, wristwatches, jewellery, and money, in most cases.
The situation is now becoming worrying to such an extent that fear now grips law-abiding residents in the area whenever they pass through the spot.
I am, therefore, using this medium to appeal to the Oyo State Commissioner of Police to dispatch men of the ‘Operation Burst’ to the area, to pick up these hoodlums, who now constitute a hindrance to free movement of residents in the area.