- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
celebration of excellence among Muslim students, also has the Minister of State for Finance, Mr Aderemi Babalola; Kano State governor, Alhaji Ibrahim Shekarau; Oyo State deputy governor, Alhaji Taofeek Arapaja; former Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Prince Bola Ajibola, among others, pencilled down for the opening ceremony of the glamorous event.
A statement from the Muslim body, signed by Mubaarak Abdul Rahman, the Amir, a copy of which was made available to the Tribune Islamic News, revealed that the programme would kick off with an awareness train from the institution’s central mosque, on Friday, July 30.
The statement added that the theme of the programme, “The Transient Shade”, was meant to orientate Muslim students on their roles as nation builders, through focusing on meaningful acts that would benefit them and other human beings, and more importantly, the need to engage in virtuous deeds that could guarantee them the ultimate prize, the paradise of Allah, the Creator.
The statement stated that the opening ceremony, scheduled for Sunday, August 1, would hold at the Trenchard Hall of the university, by 10.00 a.m, with a lecture to be delivered by Ustaz Muhammadul Awwal Al Albaaniy from Zaria. The occasion will be chaired by the Vice Chancellor of the Unversity of Ilorin, Professor Ishaq Oloyede. A book review session follows by 7.30 p.m at the same venue.
On Monday, August 2, a Tafseer (Quranic exposition) programme, holds inside the school’s central mosque. The programme will be rounded off on Sunday, August 8, with a variety night at the central mosque car park.Share