- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
This charge was given by contributors at a special prayer organised by the Muslim Teachers’ Association of Nigeria (MUTAN), Alimisho branch, held at the State High School, Alimoso, Lagos State.
The Lagos State Missioner of MUTAN, Alhaji Tajudeen Oladoyin, in a sermon delivered at the event, said Muslim civil servants should strive to set aside part of their salaries for the welfare of fellow Muslims who were less endowed, and subscribe the money to organisations such as Muslim Welfare Funds (MUWELF), which pool contributions from Muslims and distribute to needy ones.
In his own contribution, the Alimoso Coordinator of MUTAN, Alhaji Muslim Abiade Adeniji, challenged members to invest in interest-free ventures and investments based on Islamic injunctions.
Adeniji implored members to embrace the interest-free cooperative organised by MUTAN in Alimoso, saying such ventures, apart from being in accordance with Allah’s will, would remove the burden of members who currently finance their projects with funds secured from interest bearing sources.
Members were also implored to pay serious attention to the welfare of Muslim students by supervising activities of Muslim Students Society (MSS) in their respective schools and preventing infiltration by external bodies who might feed the students with wrong doctrine.Share