- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Borno gov’s wife distributes N175 million to indigent women
AS part of her efforts to empower women and create jobs in the state, the wife of Borno State governor, Hajiya Nana Kashim Shettima, has given out cash and poverty alleviation materials worth over N175 million to women in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC) and Jere Local Government areas of the state.
Presenting the poverty alleviation materials and cash to the beneficiaries at the Government House Maiduguri, weekend, the first lady said gesture was for women empowerment, job creation and skill acquisition to women in the state.
She said that the programme would be sustained such that very soon, women across the 27 local government areas would also start to benefit from her initiative which she described as part of fulfilment of her campaign promises to women.
The first lady stated that poverty eradication, economic and political empowerment form the cardinal point of Governor Kashim‘s administration, stressing that the event is a step towards empowering women which are the most vulnerable group.
Earlier, the Commissioner of Women Affairs, Hajiya Inna Galadima said that100 grinding machines, 100 knitting machines, 100 sewing machines and cash would be distributed to over 10,000 women in Jere and MMC.Share