- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Shock as gunmen kill UNIBEN undergraduate
THE entire University of Benin community, Edo State, has been wearing a mournful look while the school’s management has kept mute since one of the students of the institution, Daniel Ike, popularly called Afro Dan, was shot dead by unknown gunmen.
Crime & Security learnt that Ike, a final year student of Chemical Engineering only had less than a month to spend in the institution.
He was alleged to have been shot dead by some unknown persons last Friday night at Vincente Hostel, Ekosodin, at the back of the school.
Feelers from the school have it that Ike had gone to see a friend when he was attacked by the guys. He was shot directly in the face, an act which denied him any chance of survival. Ike died on the spot.
As controversy continued to surround the death of Ike and the escape of his killers, the police, Crime & Security learnt, have been informed of his death.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Edo State was not reachable.
All efforts to get reactions from Edo State Commissioner of Police, Olayinka Balogun, proved abortive as a text message sent to the Cp’s mobile phone was not replied.Share