- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Residents hail Osogbo LG boss
A cross section of the residents of Adunmu/Oke-Ola area of Osogbo,the Osun State capital, have lauded the executive secretary,of the local government area, Mr Isiaka Aderibigbe Faramadeover ,the rehabilitation of the road which has been unmotorable for over two decades.
Speaking with newsmen,one of the residents in the areaMr Oyebunmi Akinloye, commended the Osogbo council boss for his gesture to the people of the area,explaining that the road has been unmotorable since all this while,but people were happy in the last two weeks when the contractor began work on the road.
"If we have government like this before ,everything would havebeen alright", he said calling on the council boss to come to the aid of the people of the area as they were facing the problem of electricity.
Akinloye also called on the local government area to help them address the problem of water, saying the existing portable water in the area wasn’t enough for the people living in the area, he stated."
We are more than one borehole provided by the council boss"
Another resident who spoke in the same vein,Mrs Deborah Taiwo stressed that the people were happy with the on going rehabilitation of the road,commending Faramade for a job well done on the abandoned road.Share
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- Nigeria lags behind in road network —Yasin
- 4,000 to benefit from SURE-P in Ondo
- NEMA begins campaign on disaster response
- Delta NURTW warns taxi operators against colour violation
- Osun bush meat sellers want international market
- Osun govt promises restoration of electricity in Moro
- MDGs: NGO calls for early childhood development
- NSCDC boss to deliver 2012 Gbagura Day Celebration lecture
- Youths hold key to national development
- PASAN canvasses financial independence for state assemblies